Family and Adolescent therapy offers:
- A given structure that offers consistency to the relationship.
- A frame within to explore, understand, and be in relationship in a way that is different than the every day life.
- A dedicated time to talk about what is going on and have difficult feelings be heard and responded to, to learn healthy communication
- A place to learn how to form words for feelings, to also identify feelings and their importance in relationship, and how to learn about the other from both verbal and nonverbal communication styles.
- A way to identify body signals and triggers, and then learn what is needed to soothe the nervous system of the child and/or parent. A time dedicated to the child. A time and place to play, form ways of healthy thinking, and be seen for their unique ways of being in the world.
If you or your family has a sense of disconnection or dissatisfaction, or you ache for something to be different,
- therapy can help you find what is needed,
- realize what is happening,
- and empower you to influence it.
I work with adolescents alone or with their parents, and look forward to discussing what might be right for you in your particular situation.
I am particularly interested in helping children and families create a sense of connectedness as they live through divorce, the blending of families, or during difficult transitions.
You are welcome to call me for a consultation, and we can think together about the support that could work for you.
Thank you for your curiosity. Call me at 415-494-9618.